This zucchini noodle caprese is a delicious, healthy salad made from zucchini noodles and a few simple, fresh ingredients.
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces small balls of buffalo mozzarella, in water
- 2 tbsp raw pine nuts, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- toasted pine nuts
- fresh basil leaves
- Toast the pine nuts in a skillet on medium low heat for 5 minutes, tossing gently. Then place them in your food processor.
- Toast the cashews in the same skillet for 10 minutes, tossing gently. Then transfer to your food processor.
- Add the remaining pesto ingredients into your food processor except the olive oil. Pulse until the ingredients are mixed. Turn your food processor on while slowly pouring the olive oil. Process until your pesto is smooth and creamy, then set aside.
- Cut the ends off each zucchini and use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles. Place these into a large bowl.
- Cut your tomatoes in half and place into the bowl with the zucchini. Cut your mozzarella balls in half and place in the same bowl.
Using a spoon or spatula, remove all of the pesto from the food processor and add to the bowl. Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined. Serve immediately.