Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice
This chicken fried rice is incredibly tasty and very addictive. You will love this quick and easy dinner idea that tastes better than takeout.
- 1 1/2 pound Boneless/skinless Chicken thigh or breasts meat
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Teriyaki sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Low sodium Teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 Cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. light olive oil
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups. cooked long-grain rice
- 3-4 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- frozen veggie mix
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and garlic.
- Adjust to taste, you might want to add more honey or more soy sauce.
- Add cornstarch to the mix until dissolves. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a plastic bag or a bowl combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces and make sure they are well coated on all sides.
- Heat the skillet to Medium-Hi and add light olive oil.
- Add coated chicken and cook until almost done.
- Add Teriyaki sauce on top and cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer Teriyaki chicken to a plate.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add butter and oil, cook garlic until fragrant.
- Add cooked rice, sesame oil, soy sauce, and cook for a couple of minutes stirring until heated through.
- Move rice to the sides making a room to cook the eggs.
- When eggs are cooked, add mixed veggies.
- Mix well and serve.
- Add cooked Teriyaki Chicken, mix well and serve.