Brussels sprouts salad with an apple cider salad dressing is a family favorite side salad that goes well with everything. Try this Brussels sprouts salad recipe for your holiday dinners!
- 1 lb (450g) Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange slices, peeled and pith removed, cut into thin 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or sugar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper
- To make the Brussels Sprout Salad: Thinly slice the brussels sprouts with a sharp paring knife. Do not use a mandoline slicer, Brussels sprouts are so tiny you might end up being hurt. Transfer to a salad bowl.
- To slice the orange, cut off the top and bottom, then place the flat edge on the cutting board and use a knife to cut off the peel and white pith. Then cut out the orange supremes by slicing along the thin membrane between the orange wedges. It results in peeled orange wedges. Cut the orange supremes into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small jar, combine the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Top the shaved Brussels sprouts with the orange supreme, almonds, and chopped cranberries. Drizzle the Brussels sprout salad with dressing and toss to combine. Enjoy!