This delicious crab salad recipe is easy and flavorful. Made with imitation crab, cucumber, mango, rice, and a spicy homemade dressing, this crab salad tastes wonderful!
- 1/2 lb (220g) imitation crab surimi sticks
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into thin sticks
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice (chilled)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion, for topping
- To make the crab salad bowl: Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise and then julienne into thin strips. Pull thin strings of the crab sticks lengthwise. You can also slice the crab sticks into more regular strips using a knife. Cut mango into small cubes. Add the ingredients to the same salad bowl.
- In a bowl, combine mayo, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sriracha. Pour over the ingredients in the salad bowl and mix well together so all of the salad is nicely coated with the dressing. It should be nice and creamy.
- Arrange cooked, chilled rice into serving bowls. Serve the crab salad on top and garnish with slices of avocado, chopped scallion, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and panko bread crumbs for some crunch! Enjoy your crab salad bowl immediately!