Enjoy this fresh, savory, and filling meal that’s pretty easy to whip up!
- 1 cup white rice
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, about 2-3 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Place broccoli florets into a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 mins, or until cooked through and vibrant green; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- To make the glaze, stir in chicken stock, pineapple juice, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, cornstarch and Sriracha in the skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine.
- Serve chicken immediately with rice and broccoli, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.