It's finally sweater weather, and with that comes comfort food! But just because it's "comfort" doesn't mean it has to be unhealthy! That's why we love this high protein, low carb zucchini lasagna recipe. Enjoy!
- Peel and chop the onion, garlic cloves and carrots.
- Add the oil to a large pan, and fry the onion until translucent.
- Add the carrots, garlic, ground beef, and stir well until the beef starts to brown and releases all the liquid.
- Now, the beef stock can be added, and left to cook until evaporated.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Season well with salt, black pepper, Italian herbs and one tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice the zucchini finely lengthwise, then heat up a grilling pan and grill on both sides for about 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Mix the mascarpone, egg and cheddar cheese until you get a smooth paste.
- Lightly oil an oven-proof dish and arrange one layer of zucchini, one layer of mascarpone mixture, one layer of ground beef, then again zucchini, mascarpone, beef, and the last layer zucchini.
- Spread the double cream over, then add the mozzarella cheese, and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius (360 Fahrenheit) for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove form the oven, and garnish with more chopped parsley