Craving sweets for breakfast? Kick your morning off right with 14 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber, and only 6 grams of sugar in these tasty chocolate protein overnight oats.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 1 cup rolled (old fashioned) oats
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder*
- 1/4 cup NOURISH Vanilla protein powder*
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract*
- Mix all ingredients together in a small jar or split between two jars to keep the two servings separate. Stir well to mix ingredients and dissolve chunks.
- Place jar(s) in the refrigerator overnight or for 2 hours at the very minimum (overnight is preferred).
- Remove from the refrigerator before eating and stir well.
- Either eat directly from the jar(s) or place in a bowl. Eat within 24 hours of mixing for best results.
- If you use chocolate protein powder, skip the cocoa powder but add vanilla. If you use vanilla protein powder, skip the vanilla.
- Can be eaten cold or microwaved to eat warm. Microwave time will vary based on the power level of the microwave but watch carefully since oats can boil and over run the container easily.
Original Recipe by Feasting Not Fasting