These chocolate chip protein cookies are perfectly soft and chewy with chocolate chunks and a mix of granulated and brown sugar substitutes to make them basically melt in your mouth.
- 2 scoops (62g) Vanilla Protein Powder*
- 1/2 C (60g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 C (112g) Light Butter
- 1/4 C (48g) Swerve Granular
- 1/4 C (48g) Swerve Brown
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or extract)
- 1/4 C (48g) Chocolate Chunks
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the protein powder, flour, and baking powder together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the light butter, Swerve brown, Swerve granular, and vanilla bean paste to a food processor, stand mixer, or large bowl. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until a crumbly dough begins to form. (I used 4 pulses in the food processor.)
- Remove the blade from the food processor and add the chocolate chunks. Use a rubber spatula to bring the dough together into one large ball.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and press between your palms to flatten. Place the cookies on the parchment paper, sprinkle with salt, and bake for 7-9 minutes until the cookies are still slightly soft in the center. Transfer to a wire rack to cool the cookies.
- If you're using another sweetener, make sure it's a 1:1 substitute for granulated and brown sugar, respectively.