These healthy and delicious Margherita Pita Bread Pizzas take only 10 minutes to whip up and are incredibly delicious!
- 4 pita bread
- 6 oz . tomato sauce
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 cup lettuce
- 3/4 cup fresh basil
- 6 oz . fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Top each pita bread with tomato sauce, lettuce, tomato slices, basil, and fresh mozzarella.
- Bake on a baking sheet covered in foil paper for 5-7 minutes (or until the cheese melts).
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- Leftovers taste great, store them in the fridge and reheat or enjoy at room temperature the next day
- Get creative with toppings, add your favorite veggies or some red pepper flakes & fresh chili for a spicy kick
- No mozzarella? you could use cheddar or any good melting cheese you have
- Always use fresh basil as it has much more flavor than dried