These delicious and guilt-free dessert bites are made with coconut, cocoa, honey and almond butter to keep them paleo, dairy-free and gluten-free.
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, or to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (or any other natural sweetener you like)
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut + for topping (we used unsweetened)
- Sea salt flakes, for topping, optional
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt coconut oil. Add cocoa powder and mix with a wooden spoon until fully combined and smooth. Add the pinch of salt, and honey or maple syrup if you wish to use it.
- Coat the bottom and sides of the muffin liners with melted chocolate, using a silicone brush. Make sure to keep chocolate to top the cups later. Transfer the chocolate coated paper liners in the freezer to firm up.
- In the meantime, combine almond butter and shredded coconut in a medium bowl.
- Once chocolate is firm, divide the almond butter mixture amongst the cups. Top with the remaining chocolate, smooth the tops and sprinkle with shredded coconut and sea salt. Freeze until firm. When ready to serve, simply peel off the paper liners. Enjoy your fat bombs!
- You can adjust the proportion of almond butter and shredded coconut to your liking.