If you like chicken wings, you will love this flavorful variation! It's easy yet so delicious. The wings are seasoned and baked in the oven, then glazed with a flavorful sugar-free teriyaki sauce. They make the perfect appetizer!
- Chicken wings:
- Avocado oil spray
- 2 lb. chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce (or use a gluten-free alternative)
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey (real or sugar-free; I use sugar-free)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Arrange the chicken wings on the pan and spray them with oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Bake until browned, 30-40 minutes.
- Set the oven to warm, keeping the wings in the oven, and prepare the teriyaki sauce: in a medium saucepan, whisk together the soy sauce, white wine, and cornstarch. Add the honey, minced garlic and minced ginger, whisking to combine.
- Heat the sauce over medium heat, whisking often, 3-4 minutes, until it comes to a simmer and thickens into a syrup. Remove from heat as soon as it thickens.
- Using tongs, dip each wing into the teriyaki sauce to coat all over. Or drop them in batches into the saucepan and gently turn to coat. Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve.