These Dark Chocolate Chunk Strawberry Waffles are light, fluffy and bursting with robust chocolate flavor and fresh strawberries!
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat or all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 scoops chocolate NOURISH protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup stevia baking blend
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking soda, stevia, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- In another bowl, beat together egg, vanilla and almond milk. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and mix with a rubber spatula until combined. Fold in strawberries and chocolate chunks.
- Heat a waffle iron and spray generously with cooking spray. Spoon heaping ladlefuls of batter into waffle iron and close top. Cook waffles for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat the process with the remainder of the batter. You should get 4 large waffles.
- Top waffles with sliced strawberries and warm pancake syrup if desired. Enjoy!