A little bit spicy and slightly sweet, these salmon filets pack a lot of protein into a light, fresh, and fast meal. A simple, savory rub makes this salmon the perfect pairing to all your favorite sides. Serve it up on a bed of quinoa with a big squeeze of lemon and, if you're really feeling yourself, a sprinkling of hempseeds, and you've got a healthy meal in under 20 minutes.
- 4 x 5 oz wild salmon filets
Sweet Chili Salmon Rub
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Optional Bowl Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups mixed greens lettuce
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa (or a blend of ancient grains)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- Cook rice or quinoa ahead of time according to package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the chili powder, dill, garlic powder, ground cumin, onion powder, coconut palm sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Once combined, sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over each salmon filet and rub into the top of the salmon filets until evenly distributed (or as much as possible!), and set salmon aside.
- In a large bowl add the broccoli and toss with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the broccoli on half of the baking sheet and the chili rubbed salmon filets on the other half (rub side up).
- Bake the broccoli and salmon for 15 minutes in the oven or until salmon is just flaky. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the baked salmon to a plate.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan with the broccoli and place back in the oven for 3 more minutes to slightly blister the tomatoes and finish baking the broccoli.
- Remove from the oven and assemble four bowls dividing the rice/quinoa among each, topping with the mixed greens, baked broccoli, blistered tomatoes, and chili rubbed salmon filets.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and a sprinkle of hemp seeds (optional).