All of the delicious flavors of cream cheese, spinach, and chicken are packed into this delicious dinner recipe! This easy spinach chicken breasts casserole recipe comes together quickly and makes a nice combination for a busy meal.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut horizontally
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup spinach, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- To prepare the spinach chicken casserole: Add olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes into a Ziplock bag along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Seal the bag and shake until mixed. Add the chicken breasts, seal, and massage so the chicken breasts are covered in the marinade, set aside for 10-15 minutes on the counter while you prep the remaining ingredients. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF (200°C).
- Quickly wilt the spinach in a skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
- Arrange chicken breasts drained from the marinade in a baking dish. Spread the softened cream cheese over the chicken breasts and lay spinach on top of the cream cheese. Finally, sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Bake the spinach chicken casserole for 20-30 minutes. Chicken casserole is done when cooked to an internal temperature of 165˚F (75°C). Serve the spinach chicken casserole warm with a side of cauliflower rice, or baked veggies. Enjoy!