Our easy Mediterranean salad recipe comes together in 10 minutes with just a handful of ingredients. This chopped salad recipe works as a side dish but also makes a vegetarian meal on its own.
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked pepper, or to taste
- To make the Mediterranean salad: Dice cucumbers, onion, and tomatoes into small cubes. You can soak diced the red onion in water for 10 minutes so the taste isn’t as strong.
- Add the diced veggies and chopped cilantro to a large salad bowl and pour over the olive oil and lemon juice then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together and let the Mediterranean salad sit for 10-15 minutes before serving at room temperature or lightly chilled. Enjoy!