Tender, juicy, and so flavorful! Honey garlic chicken bites are made with simple pantry ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1lb (450g) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha), optional
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- To make the honey garlic chicken bites: Add the chicken cubes to a large salad bowl together with cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Mix to evenly coat all the chicken pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Melt butter into the oil and add the chicken cubes and cook on all sides until golden brown, for about 6-8 minutes. You may need to work in batches, to avoid overcrowding the pan and steaming the chicken bites.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, pour over the garlic, honey, chicken stock, lemon juice, and hot sauce (if using) and stir to completely coat; allow the sauce to simmer for a couple of minutes to meld all the flavors and reduce a little until it sticks to the chicken bites.
- Garnish the honey garlic chicken bites with fresh chopped parsley and red chili pepper flakes, then serve over rice. Enjoy!