Our healthy chicken recipe with vegetables takes 20 minutes to make and will wow your family with its amazing flavor! Super easy to make , this chicken recipe is also excellent for meal prep.
- 1 lb (450g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into chunks
- 1 broccoli crown, broken into florets
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
- To make the Chicken Bites and Vegetable Skillet: In a large bowl add the chicken bites and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cajun seasoning and toss until coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add seasoned chicken bites and cook for about 5-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside
- In the same skillet, stir fry the onion (add a little olive oil if needed) for 2 minutes, then add broccoli, zucchini, and bell pepper. Season with Cajun seasoning and cook on medium until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Deglaze with chicken stock, then add the cooked chicken bites back to the skillet and mix to combine. Garnish with red chili pepper flakes and fresh parsley if desired and serve the chicken bites and vegetables immediately. Enjoy!