Easy Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken
You won't have to worry about staying on your eating plan with this delicious and nutritious chicken.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro fresh, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown, on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan the chicken was cooked in, add the red pepper, garlic, and onion. Saute for about 2 minutes, or just until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, lime juice, and lime zest. Return the chicken to the pan and bring the broth to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve.