With a sweet-savory balsamic and honey glaze, these thick cabbage slices broiled in the oven are perfect to accompany your grilled meat or poultry.
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage or green cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Arrange the cabbage slices in a single layer and brush with the honey balsamic vinaigrette. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and sprinkle with thyme.
- Roast until cabbage slices are tender and edges are golden, 25 to 30 minutes.