If you ended up on this recipe in the evening looking for a healthy treat, know you probably have all ingredients on hand to make the best protein cookies in the world! I promise store bought protein bars don’t come even close. Especially in nutrition.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 scoops 60g protein powder
- 1 cup rolled quick or old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp peanut butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips mini
- Cooking spray I use Misto
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper or silicone baking mat, and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add whey protein powder, oats and peanut butter; stir well to combine (batter's consistency will be runny). Add chocolate chips and give a few more stirs.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared baking sheet (cookies don't spread, so shape them now) and bake for 12-14 minutes (depending on size). Cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
* Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
* Freeze: For up to 1 month. The best way to defrost protein cookies is in a microwave. That way the moisture and softness is restored.