The smell of this baked apple crumble bubbling out of the oven is irresistible. Our healthy apple crisp is a total crowd pleaser and ready in 30 minutes!
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE
- 2 lb (1kg) apple, diced
- 1 cup maple syrup, divided (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- To make the apple crumble (apple crisp): Preheat your oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Place diced apple in a bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss the apples, then spread out evenly in a baking dish.
- Add the topping ingredients (oatmeal, almond flour, almonds, 1/2 cup maple syrup, coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt) to a large bowl. Mix until you get a coarse texture, like wet sand. Spread the crumbly topping over the diced apples.