Vegan Lasagna Soup
This thick and hearty Lasagna Soup is packed with fiber plant-based protein. Vegan and gluten-free, is a comforting a satisfying meal in a bowl!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil oil
- 8oz portabella mushrooms, gills removed
- 28oz canned diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1-2 cups water or vegetable broth (see note)
- 6 sheets Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Lasagne, broken into small pieces
- 12 tbsp shredded vegan mozzarella cheese, divided (you can also use regular cheese)
- Gently clean the dirt off the mushroom and chop them very small (you can use a food processor here). Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the chopped mushrooms and cook over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring often
- Add the diced tomatoes, basil and garlic and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, nutritional yeast, thyme, onion powder, salt and water to a boil. Add the lasagna sheet pieces and stir well. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes
- Serve the soup hot, and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese on top
- The amount of water added depends on how you like the consistency of the soup. For a thicker, heartier soup, add less water.
- Cheese will melt differently depending on the brand you're using. If you don't melt over the hot soup, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds.
Original Recipe by May I Have That Recipe