A healthy protein shake with fresh strawberries, Greek Yogurt, banana, oats and vanilla that tastes just like strawberry shortcake! Serve topped with vanilla cake crumbs!
- 1 small frozen banana sliced – or ½ banana if large
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries sliced
- ⅓ cup oats I used rolled oats
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt - plain or vanilla
- 1-2 scoops BCRX Vanilla Nourish Protein powder
- ¾ cup almond milk or your favorite milk
- ¼ cup whipped heavy cream or coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon crumbled vanilla quick bread sponge cake or similar
- Add frozen banana, strawberries, oats, Greek yogurt, protein powder to a blender. Add milk, starting with ½ cup. Blend until smooth, adding some milk (up to 1 cup) until you reach your favorite consistency. Taste for sweetness (see notes)
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and cookie crumbs, if desired. Serve immediately.
- For 2 servings (as pictured), simply double the ingredients.
- Make it dairy-free and vegan: use coconut yogurt, vegan protein powder, almond milk and whipped coconut cream.