These chicken meatballs use a combination of ground chicken, garlic, cheese, and spices. Keto friendly, low carb, paleo and gluten-free, the chicken meatballs are easy to put together with steamed cauliflower rice for the ultimate meal prep lunch.
- 1 lb (450g) ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice (mozzarella, cheddar, provolone…)
- 4 cloves garlic, grated + 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1 crumbled bouillon cube, optional
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley (or cilantro)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice (we used Sriracha)
- 1 medium cauliflower head, grated (or a packet of riced cauliflower)
- To make the chicken meatballs meal prep: Make cauliflower rice with a large grater or food processor. Transfer to a shallow plate with 1/2 cup water and cook covered in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl, combine ground chicken, cheese, grated garlic, Italian seasoning, crumbled bouillon cube, red chili pepper flakes, chopped parsley (or cilantro), and black pepper. Mix well with your hands or fork and form medium balls. Arrange on a plate and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the chicken meatballs for 8 – 10 minutes on all sides, until browned and cooked through. While cooking, baste the meatballs with the mix of butter and juices. Remove to a clean plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet melt remaining tablespoon butter; then add lemon juice, chicken stock, hot sauce, minced garlic, parsley and red pepper flakes (if you want). Cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring regularly until the sauce has reduced a bit. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and garnish with more cilantro or parsley if you like.
- Divide cauliflower rice into meal prep containers. Then top with chicken meatballs and garnish with lemon slices. Drizzle a little of the sauce over the meatballs and cauliflower rice, or keep the sauce into small containers. Reheat your chicken meatballs meal prep quickly in the microwave when ready to eat.