This Spaghetti Squash Primavera is a lighter, low carb version of the classic Italian dish! Naturally gluten free and perfect for a healthy Spring meal.
- 2 Lbs Spaghetti Squash (1 large squash)
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Cup Carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Cups Broccoli, Cut into small florets
- 3/4 Cup Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Red Bell pepper, diced
- 4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- Juice of 1 lemon or to taste
- 1/2 Cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Slice the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Rub the inside with oil and a pinch of salt and place cut-side down onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake until fork tender, about 50-60 minutes. Let cool.
- While the squash cools, heat the oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add in the carrots and cook until they begin to become tender, about 3 minutes. Add in the broccoli, onion and pepper and cook, stirring frequently until fork tender. it helps to cover the pan and stir every so often.
- Once the veggies are tender, scrape the spaghetti squash into the pan and add the Italian seasoning and salt. Stir until well mixed and the squash is heated through. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Divide between 4 plates, topping with the tomatoes, cheese and basil.