We love finding new ways for you to enjoy your BCRX Protein, and this spin on a classic breakfast is right on! The perfect meal pre- or post-workout, these Protein Pancakes contain all the essential energy-boosting ingredients your body needs to power through the day.
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) BCRX Vanilla Protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- maple syrup, agave, or coconut sugar to taste
- 1 cup water, plus more as needed
- Mix the flour, protein powder, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup or sweetener of choice if using, then slowly add the water, mixing until “just mixed.” It should be a little lumpy and quite thick but still pourable. Add a little extra water if needed.
- Allow the batter to rest while you heat a pan over low to medium heat. Use a little cooking spray or a good non-stick pan and scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles start to appear and the edges of each pancake look dry and firm. Flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Enjoy right away with your favorite pancake toppings. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge or freezer and reheated as needed.