This protein mug cake is just the sweet treat you’ve been looking for. This recipe packs in 15 grams of protein–making it the perfect post workout snack, satisfying breakfast, or healthy dessert.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 small ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons (about 15 grams) vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon milk of your choice (almond milk, soy milk, dairy milk, oat milk)
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Spray a large mug* with cooking spray.
- Add banana to mug and mash until mostly broken down.
- Add in protein powder, peanut butter, milk, chocolate chips, and baking powder. Still until everything is fully combined into a batter-like consistency.
- Microwave for 60-75 seconds. Then, let cool for 30 seconds. Batter should be mostly dry to the touch and have a cakey texture.
- Enjoy with more peanut butter and chocolate chips over top, if desired.
- You want to use a large mug because the cake will puff up in the microwave when it cooks. Using a large mug prevents it from spilling over the sides.