Have you noticed the smoothie bowl trend that’s super popular right now? Well, Urban Foodie Kitchen decided it was time to give it a try. While she's trying to get in shape for summer, and improve her eating habits, so healthier eating has been on her mind. She's always been a fan of yogurt and granola for breakfast, and has been drinking more protein smoothies too, though mostly as snacks. So this protein smoothie bowl seemed like a great idea for something new to add to a weekday breakfast rotation!
- 1 Scoop of BCRX Peach Protein Powder
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons granola
- Place all smoothie ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and no fruit chunks are visible.
- Pour into a bowl and top with blueberries, granola and almonds. Serve immediately.