Perfect fluffy protein pancakes made without bananas, refined sugar, or flour! Made with protein powder, eggs and greek yogurt, these pancakes are going to fuel you through your morning!
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats 135 g; see note 1
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 scoop BCRX Nourish Protein, Vanilla Flavored
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt 120 g
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted; swap for butter or olive oil; see note 2
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Blend oats- Add the oats to a blender, then blend for 30 seconds- 1 minute, until powdery (as pictured above).
- Blend remaining ingredients- add the baking powder, protein powder, eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Place the lid on the blender, and blend until mixture is completely combined and no pockets of oat flour remain.
- Cook pancakes- Grease a nonstick pan and heat over medium heat. Cook ¼ cup portions of pancakes for roughly 2 minutes on the first side and 1 minute on the second.
- Enjoy! Top your pancakes with extra yogurt, fresh fruit and maple syrup.
- Quick oats should also work fine; do not use steel cut oats
- Try using refined coconut oil; you may swap for olive oil or butter
- Though these pancakes are best served fresh, you can cook them ahead and store:
- fridge- in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days
- freezer- separate pancakes with squares of wax or parchment paper; store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 1 month.
Original Recipe by Sweet Peas and Saffron