Taco salad is a quick, and healthy salad recipe perfect for and season. . This recipe is a family favorite and perfect for Taco Tuesday.
FOR THE BEEF
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 head romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and break it into small pieces with your spatula. Cook for about 8 minutes or until it starts to brown. Then drain the fat from the beef.
- Add in the taco seasoning, give everything a stir and cook for another minute or two.
- In a large salad bowl, layer the chopped lettuce with browned beef, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and cheese.
- Dollop some salsa, sour cream, a squeeze of lime juice and cilantro leaves on top.