A quick and easy meal you can prepare and enjoy outside! The warm weather brings fresh ingredients, and this recipe makes good use of both.
- 4 x 6 oz salmon filet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
For the Salsa
- 1 avocado ( slightly firm) diced
- 1 Cup diced cucumber
- ½ jalapeno
- ¼ C chopped cilantro
- 1 lime- juice and zest
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Dressing
- ½ C plain Greek yogurt
- lime juice from one small lime
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 T olive oil
- ⅛ C chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 heads little gems lettuce ( or baby romaine) — 1 per person
- Preheat the grill.
- In a small bowl, make the rub -mix salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Rub all sides of salmon with the spice rub.
- Make the dressing. Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Make the salsa. Mix all ingredients except avocado in a medium bowl. Gently fold in avocado last so it stays intact, and don’t over mix, you don’t want it mushy.
- Quarter lettuce vertically. Set aside.
- Grill salmon over medium high heat on a greased grill, a few minutes on each side until desired doneness….preferable medium or medium rare.
- To assemble: Toss lettuce gentle with a little dressing, just enough to coat. Lay on a plate, creating a bed for the salmon. Place salmon over top, then spoon avocado salsa over top. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.