A quick and healthy chicken recipe to serve your family for lunch or dinner with perfectly balanced flavors. A decadent meal that everyone will love.
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts 4 oz each
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce or to taste
- a small handful of fresh thyme to garnish
- Combine all the spices and rub the chicken thoroughly on all sides.
- In a small bowl combine all the mustard sauce ingredients.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat, add the oil and sear the chicken on both sides for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven-safe dish and pour over the mustard sauce. Bake until cooked through, about 15-25 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken breasts).
- The internal temperature of each chicken breast should read 165F.
- Chicken: We prefer using chicken breast, but you may use boneless and skinless thighs. You can swap the chicken with seafood if you prefer. Salmon or white fish will work well.
- Chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water will work
- Oil: use any oil. Avocado or grapeseed oil will be good too.
- Honey: maple syrup will be a good option as a substitute.