Homemade raspberry breakfast bars are a healthy way to fuel your day! These vegan-friendly baked bars are filled with fresh raspberries, jam, and oats. They make a great portable snack so you can grab and go anytime you need a quick bite.
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup, or 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sliced almonds, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour, or whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam, Knott’s Berry Farm
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with foil, lightly grease the foil with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat coconut oil and maple syrup on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes, until combined. Add the vanilla and whisk for 30 seconds until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine almonds, flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and beat on low speed until blended and crumbly. Remove 1 ¼ cups of the mixture and set it aside.
- Add the remaining mixture into the prepared pan. Use the bottom of a greased measuring cup or your fingers to press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Slightly melt the jam in a microwave-safe bowl for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between and continuing to heat until the jam is easily spreadable.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the crust and then top with raspberries, distribute them evenly throughout the pan. Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over the top and 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the top is light golden brown and the jam is bubbling around the edges.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. Cut into equal-sized squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.