One-pot meals are the savior of weeknight cooking! It's pasta and lentils simmered in crushed tomatoes, finished with lots of chopped kale, saffron, swirls of tahini and chopped almonds. It's a total crowd-pleaser, and leftovers are A+ as well.
- .86 pounds Sprouts Bulk Hot Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil or EVOO
- 8 ounces Barilla Protein Plus Penne
- 12 ounces Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 9 ounces yellow onion sliced thin
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (heaping teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1.5 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3.5 cups water
- 2 sprigs fresh basil (plus more for garnish)
- 85 grams Trader Joe's Organic Power to the Greens
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Add pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flake, salt, black pepper, water and basil to sausage. Increase heat to high, and stir pretty constantly until pasta is al dente and/or water has nearly evaporated.
- Remove basil sprigs. Add greens and stir until wilted.
- Divide into four portions and serve with Parmesan and fresh basil and more fresh cherry tomatoes (if desired).