This delicious high protein protein banana bread is super moist, nutritious, and dairy free. It’s filling and packed with protein power and topped with an optional cashew cream cheese!
- Banana Bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup of oat flour
- 6 grams granulated stevia OR 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (using coconut palm sugar will make the loaf a darker color)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup NOURISH vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup of 0% fat Plain Greek yogurt OR 3/4 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting (Optional)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sliced banana
- crushed walnuts
- hemp seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pace bananas in a mixing bowl and mash until you have a thick pudding-like consistency.
- Add all remaining banana bread ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Grease two small loaf pans (8" x 2 1/2") with coconut oil or line with parchment paper (alternatively you can use one larger loaf pan but this will increase cooking time)
- Divide batter between both pans and bake for 25 minutes (if using 0% Greek yogurt) or 40 minutes (if using coconut yogurt) or until a toothpick pulls clean when tested.
- While the banana bread is baking, prepare the cashew cream cheese by soaking the cashews then draining and adding to a high speed blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth, transfer to a bowl then set in the fridge to chill.
- When bread is done baking, remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting with the cream cheese and garnishing.
- Slice and enjoy!