Super nourishing and easy to whip up, this mushroom and cauliflower recipe is insanely addictive! With minimal ingredients and ready in no time, you can serve garlic butter mushrooms and cauliflower skillet by itself as a quick lunch, or as a side dish.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (or ghee)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pound (500 g) mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the sauteed cauliflower and mushrooms skillet: Heat the butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4-5 minutes on all sides. Make sure the mushrooms render as much moisture as possible. Brown them a little more if necessary, to avoid the side dish becoming soggy at the end. Keep an eye on it so they don’t burn either ;)
- Once mushrooms are well browned, add cauliflower florets. Cook until golden and crispy on the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Veggies must be well browned.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and cook for 2 minutes, to reduce the sauce slightly.
- Add thyme, 1 tablespoon of parsley, and garlic. Cook the mushrooms and cauliflower for half a minute, until fragrant. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste, sprinkle with remaining parsley, and serve the garlic butter mushrooms and cauliflower skillet immediately. Enjoy!