This recipe for fish tacos is seasoned fish layered with cabbage, avocado, pico de gallo and a creamy sauce, all tucked inside warm corn tortillas. It’s a meal that’s fast, fresh, healthy and ready in 20 minutes!
- 1 pound mild white fish filets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1 cup pico de gallo homemade or store bought
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 corn tortillas warmed
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat. Coat the fish with the taco seasoning.
- Place the fish in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until just cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix together the plain yogurt, mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons of water.
- To assemble the tacos: divide the cabbage evenly between 8 corn tortillas. Break up the fish into large pieces and add it on top of the cabbage.
- Finish the tacos with the pico de gallo, avocado and a drizzle of white sauce. Serve immediately.