Looking for a fresh, healthy way to spice up your summer meal plans? Look no further than this beautiful, refreshing recipe from Fox & Briar.
- 24 large raw shrimp peeled
- 16 small corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 jalapeño finely minced (about 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves pressed or finely minced
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt
- 1 avocado diced
- salsa for serving
- Combine the shrimp in a bowl with olive oil, lime zest, minced garlic, paprika, chili powder, red pepper flake and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Toss the cabbage with jalapeno, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and a pinch of salt, set aside.
- Warm tortillas in a skillet over low heat, flipping occasionally.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, pour the shrimp in. Sear on one side for 1-2 minutes, flip and sear on the other side until pink all the way through and no longer opaque, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble tacos, layer two tortillas on top of each other. top with lime slaw, a few shrimp, and some avocado. Top with some salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime.
These tacos from @spoonfulofmelanin offer another spin on this recipe.