Treat your family with these beautiful mini-waffles that taste just like banana bread and are packed with protein!
- 1 scoop BCRX Vanilla NOURISH
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup banana very ripe
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron to medium. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine oat flour, protein powder, coconut flour, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Add banana, milk, and vanilla. Mix until just combined and batter comes together.
- Scoop by 1/2 cupful onto hot waffle iron and cooked until heated through, about 5-6 minutes. Waffle iron usually begins to steam when the waffles are ready.
- Continue with rest of batter, re-spraying with non-stick spray in between (these waffles will stick to the waffle iron).
- Serve immediately topped with your favorite fruits and toppings.
- *If you cannot find oat or coconut flour in your grocery store, you can make your own by using flaked coconut and regular uncooked oats and grinding in a spice grinder or blender until powder (or flour) forms. Separately, of course.
- **To keep waffles crispy in between cooking, place on a wire baking rack to cool.
- This recipe makes about 15 mini-waffles (1/2 cupful waffles) or 5-6 full-size waffles.