Oven Baked Cauliflower Parmesan cauliflower parmesan is a low carb, vegetarian dish with marinara sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese to add a tasty vegetable to your dinner table.
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch steaks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup tomato sauce (we used marinara)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- To make the cauliflower parmesan steaks: Preheat your oven to 425°F (225ºC). Arrange cauliflower slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower steaks, flipping once, until cauliflower is tender and golden, about 30-35 minutes. Remove cauliflower from the oven and top each cauliflower steak with marinara sauce. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and half of Parmesan.
- Switch your oven to broil mode and broil cauliflower steaks until cheese is bubbly and golden for about 3 minutes. Serve the roasted cauliflower parmesan sprinkled with remaining Parmesan, chopped basil leaves, and red pepper flakes.