Packed full of flavor, this Teriyaki Salmon Bowl is super easy to make at home! This healthy, gluten-free salmon Teriyaki recipe is just perfect for lunch or a dinner for two. Enjoy!
- 1 lb (450g) salmon filets, cut into chunks
- 1 cups (180g) rice (we used sushi rice)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce, or Nuoc Mam)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional (or any hot sauce you like)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 5 oz (150g) edamame beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- To make this easy Teriyaki Salmon Bowl: Cook the sushi rice according to the packet instructions. Add a small dollop of butter to the rice if you like.
- In the meantime, mix the rice vinegar, brown sugar, and salt together in a small bowl, stirring well until the sugar and salt have dissolved in the vinegar. When the rice is cooked, pour the dressing over and stir to coat the rice.
- Divide the cooked rice between two bowls so that two-thirds of each base is covered. Sprinkle rice with sesame seeds. In the remaining third, arrange edamame and sliced avocado.
- To make the Teriyaki sauce, mix the honey, sesame oil, tamari (or soy sauce), garlic, ginger, and Sriracha together in a small bowl.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil and add the diced salmon filets. Brown the salmon quickly on all sides, then pour the Teriyaki sauce over.
- Turn the heat back up to high – stir so that the salmon is fully coated in the Teriyaki sauce and then sprinkle the spring onions over the top. Continue to cook on high heat for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally, until the salmon is glazed and cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the pan and scoop the teriyaki salmon and spring onions onto the sushi bowls.
- Serve the Teriyaki salmon bowl with extra tamari soy sauce on the side if you like. Enjoy!