This peanut butter noodles recipe is the perfect option to satisfy your Asian take-out food cravings! The spicy peanut butter noodles are ready in just a couple of minutes!
- 16 ounces rice noodles (white or brown)
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 to 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- To make the peanut butter noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Add minced garlic to a saute pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Saute garlic over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Add in the grated ginger and saute for 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add in all remaining sauce ingredients: 1/3 cup of hot water, peanut butter, tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, and maple syrup, and whisk together until smooth. Add more water as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking with more tamari, sriracha, or other seasonings.
- Add half of the sauce to cooked rice noodles and mix together. Adjust the amount of sauce as needed
- Divide peanut butter noodles into bowls or plates and serve with crushed peanuts, scallions, and red pepper flakes and enjoy!