A big green salad with salmon, tomatoes and avocado is perfect when you want to eat quick healthy, low carb meal that's made with two super foods – avocado and wild salmon.
- 4 wild salmon fillets, 4 oz each
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parlsey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, recommend: Braggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces avocado, diced (from 2 small)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- Season salmon with 2 teaspoons of the Dijon, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Adjust the oven on the second rack. Broil salmon for 6 to 7 minutes, until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the red onion with olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon remaining Dijon, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste; let it sit about 5 minutes, so the flavor of the onion mellows.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado and toss. When ready to serve, toss in chopped lettuce and cabbage, finish with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar, taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
- Divide the salad in 4 bowls and top each with salmon.