Red Lentil Pasta with Superfood Marinara Sauce
This healthy red lentil pasta recipe is the ultimate easy vegetarian meal that is filled with protein and ready in just 30 minutes!
- 8 ounces Lentil Penne Pasta
- 25 ounces Jarred Marinara Sauce
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach chopped
- 2 Red Bell Peppers diced
- 1/4 Red Onion diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 tsp Italian seasoning more or less to taste
- ½ tsp salt more to taste
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper more to taste
- 8 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- use 2 tbsp per serving
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium sized pot, saute the peppers, onion, zucchini, spinach, garlic and spices (italian seasoning, salt, crushed red pepper) for about 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Combine the cooked veggie mixture with 1 jar of Marinara Sauce in a blender. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively you can add the red sauce to the pot, and use an immersion blender to blend it together).
- Combine the cooked pasta with the superfood sauce mixture. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
- For added texture and protein, try sprinkling some pine nuts on top!
Original Recipe by The Picky Eater