Pumpkin Protein Bars
These sweet, seasonal treats are just what you need to keep going while you stay on track with your fitness goals!
- ½ cup BCRX Vanilla Protein
- ½ cup almond butter (unsalted, unsweetened)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 oz cacao butter, melted*
- 1 Tbsp honey (maple syrup for Vegan)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Combine almond butter, pumpkin puree, melted cacao butter, honey and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Using a spatula, mix until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. (Dough should be almost play-dough like.)
- Place dough in a lined 8" x 4" baking pan and firmly press down using a spatula.
- Refrigerate for an hour, or until set.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into 8 equal pieces.
- * Optional: top with melted chocolate, chopped pumpkin seeds and bee pollen.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Pro tip: Melt the cacao butter over the stove top in a small saucepan. Then used that pan to mix together the ingredients.
This recipe sourced from Bake It Paleo.