No Bake Protein Energy Balls
A high-protein no-sugar-added snack made with oats, nut butter, honey, protein powder, and additions such as dark chocolate chips, and toasted coconut.
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup BCRX Nourish Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 TablespoonUnsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl or a food processor, stir together *oats, peanut butter, honey, chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, and vanilla.
- If you want a finer smoother protein ball, lightly pulse oats in a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Stir in chocolate chips and any other accompaniments.
- To make Almond Joy Protein Energy Balls: stir together oats, almond butter, honey, chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, and almond extract. Stir in chocolate chips, toasted coconut flakes, and sliced almonds.
- Roll into balls and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes to allow time to set-up.
- Keep tightly covered or in a Ziploc bag to keep them moist.
- To toast coconut: Set oven to 325 degrees. Place coconut flakes on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden, watching carefully to keep from burning.
Original Recipe by Modern Honey