This creamy mushroom chicken thighs recipe is the kind of weeknight dinner everyone raves about. Try our creamy chicken thighs and prepare yourself for rave reviews!
- 5 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chicken broth
- 5 ounces (150g) jarred sun-dried tomato in oil, drained of oil
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- To make the creamy garlic chicken thighs recipe: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear in the hot pan, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Once chicken thighs are cooked, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter in the remaining cooking juices leftover. Add in the sliced mushrooms and fry until golden-brown on one side, then stir to fry the other side.
- Add garlic to the mushrooms and cook until fragrant (about one minute). Add onion and stir fry until translucent. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes so they release their flavors. Finally, pour in the chicken broth, and allow the mushroom sauce to reduce down slightly.
- Reduce heat to low, add the heavy cream, and bring to a gentle simmer while stirring occasionally. Season the creamy mushroom sauce with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the creamy mushroom sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through.
- Add the cooked chicken thighs back into the pan; sprinkle with the parsley, and spoon the creamy mushroom sauce over each piece of chicken tighs. Serve the creamy garlic chicken thighs over steamed veg or cauliflower rice for Keto dieters, or rice or pasta for non-Keto. Enjoy!