You’re going to fall in love with this cinnamon sweet potato smoothie that tastes like a slice of sweet potato pie! Made with sweet potato, banana, greek yogurt for a boost of protein, almond butter, almond milk, vanilla and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Yum!
- 1 cup frozen cubed sweet potato (or sub frozen cubed butternut squash)
- 1 frozen banana
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more as necessary
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (whole, 2% or fat free will all work)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or pecan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- In a large high-powered blender, add in all ingredients and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients are well combined.
- If necessary, add in more almond milk to thin the smoothie.
- If desired, drizzled with almond butter and sprinkle with your favorite granola.