Enjoy a summer favorite treat for breakfast in smoothie form! This recipe is delicious, healthy, vegan, and gluten-free.
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons whole rolled oats
- 3 soft medjool dates
- Handful of fresh spinach
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon BCRX Vanilla Nourish Protein powder
- 6 ice cubes
- ¾ to 1 cup almond milk or light coconut milk, or as needed to blend
- optional garnishes: fresh blueberries, oats, crushed almonds
- Blend ingredients in a blender. Use the blender's baton (if you have one) to help.
- Add more almond milk as needed.
- The key to a thick smoothie is to add enough liquid to move your blender blade, but not too much to make the smoothie thin and watery.