Do you know the saying “you are what you eat”? Well, in this case, what you eat is how healthy your vagina is. Food can impact fertility, pH levels, lubrication, and good bacteria. If you’re experiencing discomfort, but the docs cleared you for all STIs and UTIs, you may have an upset microbiome on your hands. Here are some signs that the lactobacilli [good bacteria] are imbalanced, and you need to take shake things up:
Always visit your doctor first if you’re concerned, but also feel free to peruse your fridge.
Eat More (and not so much) of These Foods To Support Healthy Vaginal Flora:
- Cranberries (UTI Prevention)
- Sweet Potatoes (Fertility)
- Fermented Foods, like kimchi, sauerkraut, and kombucha (contain live “good bacteria” cultures)
- Drink more water; it doesn’t need to be a struggle! Read this article for quick tips to double your water intake.
While it helps to take supplements and add good foods to your diet, knowing what’s bad for your vaginal microbiome is also healthful.
Avoid these foods if you’re experiencing any of the previously mentioned symptoms:
- Processed foods (smoother your immune system and can lead to BV, itching, or infections.)
- Asparagus (affects vaginal pH levels and urine smell.)
- Caffeine (increased candida or yeast infections.)
- Sugar (literally, feeds yeast in the vagina.)
- Preservatives (Disturbs endocrine functions and lowers estrogen production.)
- Artificial Sweeteners (harm your digestive lining, decrease libido, and impact vaginal microbiome flora.)
If you want to go a step further than diet, probiotic supplements can also be used to encourage a balanced vaginal microbiome. Try Body Complete Rx's Balance Probiotic Capsules!
Your body’s health and wellbeing start in your gut with a balanced microbiome. That’s why Balance Probiotic Capsules were specifically formulated to deliver what your gut needs to take back your balance, so that you can stay feeling your best every day.
With a proprietary prebiotic complex to feed the growth of healthy bacteria, plus a high potency probiotic blend, the dynamic duo in Balance goes to work to fortify your digestive tract, so that you can trust your gut again. With 50 Billion active cultures and 14 probiotic strains, the formula supports your gut flora to boost metabolism, improve vaginal health and keep your immune system running strong. With total gut health support in just one capsule per day, these are a must!